Gantt charts. Love ‘em, hate ‘em, or can’t reside with out ‘em, they’re a actuality of a marketer’s life. But how do you make yours stand out from the remainder?
I’ve gathered among the greatest examples round, together with some free templates to get you began. Dive in under and discover your favourite. But first ...
What is a Gantt Chart used for?
Gantt charts are a venture administration software that helps entrepreneurs visualize venture timelines, progress, and deliverables. Visual traces or bars clearly show which duties are accomplished and what’s to come back, permitting managers to allocate time and duty accordingly.
The components inside a Gantt chart might be grouped into 4 classes: assets, milestones, duties, and dependencies.
- Resources: Project managers will need to have perception into what assets are wanted for duties outlined in a Gantt chart, to ensure that every to be accomplished on time.
- Milestones: Along your timeline, there'll seemingly be milestones, each small and huge, that should be hit so as to maintain your venture on monitor. A milestone for a weblog launch could be, “Blog post draft due on 5/30.”
- Tasks: There are particular issues that must be accomplished alongside the best way of your venture. In our weblog submit instance, a activity could be, “Edit blog post.”
- Dependencies: Tasks in your Gantt chart shall be associated to one another, for instance, the editor received’t be capable to full her activity of modifying the weblog submit till the author has met their milestone and submitted their draft on 5/30. These are dependencies and ought to be famous in your chart.
Benefits of Using a Gantt Chart
The major purpose of a Gantt chart is to trace the timeline and completion of a venture. It’s helpful for venture managers who must maintain group momentum on campaigns with many shifting components, like product launches or advertising occasions. Here are some extra advantages of utilizing Gantt charts:
- Visual monitoring offers an overarching view of initiatives and their timelines, serving to DRIs perceive progress and assign duty accordingly.
- Clear venture timelines help with useful resource planning, as you may know which duties require which instruments and precisely when DRIs will want these instruments.
- Visual understanding of which venture components depend on one another for completion so PMs can inform accountable people of high-priority duties.
- Increased transparency, as all concerned events are conscious of expectations and the way particular person progress impacts group progress.
You can create Gantt charts in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, and extra, and this monitoring methodology can be utilized in a wide range of industries, from advertising to building, and even design.
So, what does that appear like? Let’s dive in with some lovely Gantt chart examples, under. Prepare to geek out.
Gantt Chart Examples
1. Gantt Chart in Excel
Creating Gantt charts in Excel is a typical follow and one you’ll seemingly come throughout in your work. Excel doesn’t have a predefined Gantt chart, however the “Stacked Bar” function is your good friend, as soon as extra, permitting you to indicate venture development. Here’s an instance of an Excel Gantt chart. Download it free, right here.
And right here’s a useful “how-to” video for the excel-challenged amongst us <raises hand>.
2. Gantt Chart in PowerPoint
Want to incorporate a Gantt chart in your subsequent PowerPoint Presentation? Use this PowerPoint instance as your information. PowerPoint doesn’t have a built-in Gantt function, however you'll be able to construct and edit a chart inside the platform utilizing their “Stacked Bar” function.
How to Make a Gantt Chart in PowerPoint
When utilizing the above template to make a Gantt chart in PowerPoint, contemplate these professional suggestions:
- Leverage the duty bars to your benefit and regulate their size in accordance together with your plan. This template can be versatile, so you'll be able to shorten or improve the size of duties if issues come up throughout your venture execution course of.
- Make distinctive color-codes for every particular activity so you'll be able to place a corresponding milestone picture when accomplished so you'll be able to monitor your progress and instantly perceive what shade means what.
3. Gantt Chart in Word
What’s that? You’re not conversant in Microsoft’s “Stacked Bar” function but? Well, for those who’re getting pleasant with Gantt charts, you’ll be utilizing this go-to function fairly a bit.
If you’re making a Gantt chart in Microsoft Word, you’ll stack bars as soon as extra. But for those who’ll be updating and tweaking your Gantt chart frequently, Excel or PowerPoint might provide you with higher flexibility.
How to Make a Gantt Chart in Word
When utilizing the template above, leverage the stackable bars function to create an interactive Gantt chart to obviously display activity progress and monitor your accomplishments.
In addition, create a each day check-ins schedule in your chart so you'll be able to transfer the “Today” line ahead as every day goes on, serving to you keep on monitor and perceive what’s to come back.
4. Gantt Chart in Google Sheets
If Google Sheets is the place you spend most of your time, that is the Gantt chart for you. G-Sheets makes it simple to construct customizable Gantt charts you'll be able to edit as wanted -- all utilizing just a few easy formulation.
How to Make a Gantt Chart in Google Sheets
If you’re making a Gantt chart in Google Sheets, use the above template and circulation desk for automated chart creation. Simply enter the data particular to your small business, and the chart shall be created routinely.
You have much less artistic freedom with this chart, however it's nice for these hesitant to create a chart from scratch.
5. Gantt Chart in Google Docs
Want a Gantt Chart you'll be able to share and collaborate on with colleagues? Consider creating your chart in a Google Document. Save it to your Google Drive and share as regular. Google provides “Stacked chart” choices of their “Chart Editor,” so getting began is a breeze.
How to Make a Gantt Chart in Google Docs
In Google Docs, use the timeline template paperwork to your benefit and provides your self an summary of your venture progress. It’ll assist with visualization, staying on monitor, and permitting you to see the way you’re progressing over time so you'll be able to share info with related stakeholders, inside and exterior.
6. Gantt Chart for Editorial Calendar
Take your editorial calendar up a notch with a Gantt chart. Include publication dates as your milestones, add subgroups for every part of content material creation, and add duties to your chart.
7. Gantt Chart for Project Management
Project administration is without doubt one of the most typical verticals counting on Gantt charts. These charts assist venture managers determine the duties concerned in every venture, create a timeline for every activity, and assign dates, instruments, and progress updates for every of the duties throughout the venture.
8. Gantt Chart for Marketing Campaign
There are many instruments obtainable that assist entrepreneurs create Gantt charts particularly for advertising campaigns. This instance, from GanttProfessional provides ready-made marketing campaign templates with predefined duties, subtasks, and milestones. Image Source
9. Gantt Chart for Design Projects
Designers, you should utilize Gantt charts, too. Plan design launches, monitor brainstorming, and share draft progress with a fastidiously organized chart, like the instance under.
10. Gantt Chart for Product Launch
Product launches have many shifting components. Keep monitor of analysis, budgets, group roles, and even danger evaluation in a customizable Gantt chart like this one. You may even set dependencies and assign duties to sure individuals.
11. Gantt Chart for Social Media Campaign
When you’re mapping a social media advertising marketing campaign utilizing a Gantt chart, ensure that to incorporate the instruments you’ll want, the content material you’ll be sharing, and the belongings used on every channel. We cherished this instance, from Fabrik.
12. Gantt Chart for Event Marketing
From outreach previous to the occasion to “Thank you” emails as soon as it’s over, planning an occasion requires excessive ranges of group. Use a Gantt chart like this one to maintain monitor of your technique, group progress, and key actions earlier than, throughout, and after your occasion.
When you are prepared to start creating your individual Gantt chart, seek advice from the high-quality examples on this record and obtain our free Excel template to get began.